Results Round Up – Saturday 7th April 2018.

The 1st XI ‘got the job done’ as they extended their points lead over their closest rivals and maintained it over the 3rd placed team (albeit, they have some games in hand) following a 3 – 0 home win against LDN South West FC in the final home game of the Season.


Jake HIll hit a 28th minute ‘Worldy’ from a 30 yard free kick, although the odd cynic might proclaim it was intended as a cross? I wasn’t at the match and cannot comment further!


The Ruts eventually managed to wrap the game up in the second half ,as yet another powering ‘trademark’ Duncan Fraser header from a Jimmy Graham corner on 70 minutes, was followed by the final goal on 75 minutes, as Jimmy Graham himself deftly hit home following decent wing play and set up from Billy Liffen.


The 2nd XI had a weekend off and return to action this Wednesday – details to follow.


The 3rd XI suffered cup agony against Tooting Bec ‘A’ FC in their Cup Semi Final in the early 12.15pm kick off


Player Manager Richard Edmonds put the Ruts ahead early on and the scoreline appeared to be staying that way until deep into a very unexpected injury time of (what was claimed to be) 8 minutes. The Bec duly levelled and then spun the game around further by storming into an extra time lead.
The final score was a 4 – 2 defeat, with Rhys Waul notching the OR’s second goal.


Manager Edmonds said ‘the whole team gave it everything and due to multiple muscle cramps and injuries the late equaliser in normal time was a massive blow’.


The 4th XI also suffered a semi final cup defeat against higher division opposition as they went down 5 – 1 at Surbition Eagles.


The Ruts opening play was decent and the match was evenly poised for 32 minutes, with the OR’s forcing a few chances and several corners. However, a goal in the 32nd minute was soon followed by 2 additional pre-interval goals to leave the lads. 3 – 0 down at the break.


The OR’s kept going though and battled hard against a team much larger in stature and their efforts paid off when Sam Colebrook reduced the arrears around the hour mark. Alas, this was only a short reprieve, as the hosts added two more goals to make the final score 5 – 1.


The Vets had ‘a nice change’ as they played Friday evening, instead of Sunday morning versus Molesey FC. The OR’s suffered a 3 – 1 reverse. Scorer TBC.


Best wishes to the Junior Teams tomorrow.